My play “The Wind Phone” is being produced at Skokie Theatre this November. Starring Elizabeth Rude , Maggie Speer, Susie Nuell Steinmeyer, directed by Wayne Mell, and produced by Wendy Kaplan.“A world premiere by award-winning playwright Madelyn Sergel. A mother and her grown daughters re-unite to pack up the family home. With just a single sentence, a hidden truth from the past is revealed and challenges the relationships between the women. Their bonds are reaffirmed and re-created as they examine the toll that family secrets can take on not just on one person but also on the generations which follow.” Nov 5 – Nov 21, 2021, Fri/Sat at 7:30 pm, Sun at 2:00 pm, Wed matinee Nov 10 at 1:30 pm. For more information and tickets, click HERE.
- My play SPIN received two Zoom readings, with First Run Theatre’s Reading Festival April, 2021, and Mad Cow Theatre’s Women’s Voices Mini-Festival September, 2020
- I am interviewed by Alexander Utz & Zoe Sjogerman in Avalanche Theatre’s Biannual Fall 2020 issue
- Conversation About an Empty Suit opened at Three Brothers Theatre in Waukegan, Illinois, just as the coronavirus was triggering Midwestern shelter-in-place orders. Thusly, it opened Friday night, March 13th, and closed Saturday night, March 14th, 2020
- An essay about the above was published in the Dramatist Guild blog. Click HERE.
- I’m a resident playwright with Three Brothers Theatre
- “Madelyn Goes To A Play,” my new YouTube channel offering practical tips and strategies for suburban-residing theatre audiences attending Chicago storefront theatre, is currently on hiatus.