Set in an upscale country club, Throwing Rice takes place during the 12-hour period of the wedding day of the “1%.” Issues of class, wealth, entitlement, and race are explored amidst the donning of finery, toasts, dancing, and celebration. 6W/3M, single set with two additional flexible playing areas. Artemisia 2018 Fall Festival finalist. Reading, Chicago Dramatists, 2017. Link to script HERE.
- I’ve been accepted into Three Brothers Theatre two year playwright residency program
- Special Needs received its second full production at Magnetic Theatre, North Carolina, September-October 2018
- The Wind Phone had a public reading at The Gift Theatre, August 2018
- Taking Turns was mounted at Three Brothers Theatre, April 2018
- Throwing Rice was a finalist in Artemisia Theatre’s 2018 Fall Festival